Monday, January 11, 2016

Origins

My name is Michael Volpa and I come from a small town in south jersey called Newfield. I was raised as the younger of two siblings, the older being a sister. My parents were divorced since I was two years old. My fathers lineage mostly consists of Italian lineage, having his grandfather coming over on the boat. My mothers lineage is full Ukrainian.

My main influences come from video games as well as film. At the age of three my uncle gave me a Super Nintendo which I played nonstop, because of this Mario has influenced me tremdousy and was somewhat of a role model for some time. Getting older and having the knowledge of the men behind Mario and other large companies have allowed me recognize Sakari, the man behind smash brothers, miamoto, the man behind Zelda Mario and other large Nintendo names, and iwata, the now deceased president of Nintendo. From film the largest influence would have to be Miyazaki due to how touching his pieces are, he's taught me through his work to never stop at the surface ands to keep going as to add multiple layers of meaning and story to each piece of work I do.

My ideology on life is that nothing is certain, everything is beautiful, and at every corner an adventure is ready to take off. At one point in my life, i was very fond of science and finding out what things were and how they worked. Because of this, I feel like many things we know, we don't know everything about, like I need to sleep, but why. I used to be very pecismistialy but having gotten into art, and seeing the true nature of things has given me a new look on things, even an abandoned building has a breath to it that one could never recreate no matter now hard they try.

No comments:

Post a Comment